I was just reading a thread on my favorite transgender support message board. A member asked what she should get done before making the jump to full time girl mode. There were, of course, the good tips to work on voice, collect a sufficient amount of clothes and lose as much weight as possible before estrogen slows your metabolism to a crawl. But, there were also several funny and kinda sad responses. I’ve accumulated a list:
1. Pee standing up as often as possible
2. Make as much money as possible before workers come in to install the glass ceiling.
3. Get all car repairs done now.
4. If you need to put something heavy on a high shelf, do it now before estrogen makes it more diffiicult
5. Talk down to women
6. Go to a sporting event while people will still listen to your opinion.
7. Sit with your legs apart as often as possible.
8. Give your opinion about anything and everything without being asked
9. Walk around with your shirt off as often as appropriate.
10. Enjoy walking around in public without being objectified by men at every turn.